TGR Tic Tac TOE
TGR Tic Tac ToeThis is my first multi player capable game made for The Game Realm. I used Tic Tac Toe as the base game since its a very simple 2 player game. While developing the actual game, I had to also constantly think about network code and how to implement multiplayer features. It actually took me a total of 6 months to get the game finished from scratch. This process involved researching a good networking architecture, learning a few different systems, choosing the right path/ tools and finally coding the game. I also had to develop the relay server which I chose to use over player to player networking due to router issues. It definitely was a long journey but a very exciting one and hopefully something that will make developing my next multi player game that much easier.
TGR Tic Tac Toe focuses on a few key features...
- Play the game totally single player without logging in, you versus the computer. Your statistics won't be saved.
- Play the game multiplayer against either a non registered player or against a registered player without logging in. Your statistics won't be saved.
- Register in the game for an account at TheGameRealm.com, then either play a single player game or a multi player game and your statistics will be saved.
- View your statistics in game (if your stats are good enough) or view your stats on the web site at Player Stats.
- Version 188.8.131.52: 05/10/20 - Updated the network system to Mirror
- Version 184.108.40.206: 03/28/20 - Updated the network system to LiteNetLib, changed login system, all you need is a username, password, email to upload stats
- Version 7: 10/29/18 - First released version